Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Christ is Risen!

He is risen indeed!

Christ is risen, all the sadness of our Lenten fast is o'er.

Some of my favorite Easter words.

This year I gave up my favorite food, French Fries.  I should begin by saying, I'm not Catholic and I don't practice all of the Lent traditions.  I'm not even sure I know the meaning behind all of the Lenten traditions.  However, I love giving something up for Lent.

French fries are my go-to food.  I love them so much.  I could eat them 3 times a day and never get tired of them.  I know it is gross, but it's my truth.  So, when I decided I wanted to give them up for Lent, I knew it was going to be a long 40 days.

The first week, my Husband and I went to see The Lion King with our families and our friend hosted a buffet at Chili's that included fries and Justin teased me that they were so delicious.  I gently reminded him that this was what Satan did to Jesus in the desert and he knocked it off.  But this was a good thought process.

Whenever I would be tempted to have my beloved fries, I prayed.   I thanked God for giving his life for my sins and how hard that was to imagine, when I couldn't even give up stupid fries.

I spent a lot of time this Lent in conversation with God.  And feel more deeply grateful for His sacrifice.

On Sunday, the Easter Bunny made me fresh cut, deep fried french fries with McDonald's Fancy Ketchup. And on our way to my Grandmother's for Easter dinner, we stopped at McDonald's and I got a small fry.  And yesterday we went to Glory Days and got their yummy cheese fries with onions and homemade Ranch.



And I, again, had to thank God for the simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment