Thursday, September 27, 2012

Weighing in on The Replacements.

And it's goooooood!  They're back

And here's what I have to say to the replacement referees (with warning that I have a tendency to root for the underdog)

Dear Replacement Refs,

First off, thank you.  Without you, what would have happened to football for its first 3 weeks.  Maybe we would have missed out.  And so, thanks for stepping up.

Now, I forgive you for the weird, confused, and bad calls; if you forgive me for hating on you so bad.  I know it's not your fault that you aren't experienced.  You should see me trying to do things I'm not experienced at (like calling football or tailoring shirts).  I may also need to thank you again, because without you, not sure what I would have talked about with the boys in my office, besides Fantasy Football, and the baby panda at DC Zoo (tear).

I'm glad to have our regular refs back, especially muscle man Ed Hochuli.  I've missed him, especially.  Although, even he makes bad calls sometimes  I'm sure you're glad to not have to get yelled at anymore.  Take some time off.  Watch some football.  Enjoy yourself.


source, funny article

At the end of the day, you have given us 3 weeks we will never forget.


Sincerely,

Claire Jacyshyn
NFL Football fan



And, of course, in case you missed them, here are some of my favorite responses to the replacement referee disasters

source
"we've all made bad calls"

"Call it maybe?"

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to all your Packers fans, but GO SEAHAWKS!! Woo! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve was so angry about the replacement refs I thought he was going to die before they even considered ending the lock out (which isn't entirely over yet). I was totally backing them up saying "Steve, they're doing their best - even real refs screw up a lot." But after some of the most recent games - I'm so over it. Part of the problem too, was that they deliberated for so long that they were making games run over time.
    FYI - Andrew Luck is adorable and such a great qb how do you feel about him?
    also I still don't like Peyton Manning even though I have some serious respect for him.

    ReplyDelete