Wednesday, December 26, 2012

wrap battle...

 
One thing I love about Christmas is the giving part.
 
I love to shop.
 
I love to buy gifts.
 
I'm addicted to that part of Christmas.  And one of the best parts, for me, of giving, is the presentation.
 
 
A picture of my gifts under the tree...
 
 

 
 
 The precious animal paper was a gift given to me from someone who knew how much I loved to wrap.  It is so loved.

 
Our big theme this year was 'woodland'. 
 
Story of the woodland: every year my husband and I shop after Christmas for the next years paper, etc.  My husband fell in love with the woodland paper at World Market.  Me, not so much.  I spent most of the year toiling over how to make this paper pretty and special. (call me silly, doubt my words, but I promise you, I probably spent 347 hours thinking about it) Enter wooden tags idea, which my husband made.  Enter die-cut ribbon, which I found at Michael's. and of course, top it off with a little paper raffia.  BOOM!  
 

 

 
Close up of my favorite tag.  The opposite side said the name of who the gift was for.

 
Naughty and Nice was the paper theme I picked last year.  Cute, but I have to hand it to Justin, the woodland really does have that extra something special...
 
 
Another shot of our packages, oh, so pretty.
 
We're headed out to shop for next year's paper.  And we will be stopping at World Market because we saw earlier this year that they had woodland again and we're hoping to grab a few more rolls for next year.
 
So, my advice to all of those bargain shoppers headed out today to prep for next year's packages: Let your husbands pick a few rolls of giftwrap.  They may end up being your favorites next year.  And, if not, they're 70% off anyway.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Such pretty paper! The idea of a theme for the year's paper is so fun ... I just recycled what we have from last year!

    ReplyDelete